Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Correcting the Record

Correcting the Record

It's maintenance morning this Tuesday and maintenance is actually being performed. Most of the time the maintenance is already over by 7am or so. This one is planned 'til 11am. We'll see.

I was leafing through some of the posts and noted an error in the reporting. I though it might be interesting to see how many of my "facts" turned out to be wrong.

"Order Hall Killing." In this post Keya was attacked in her Order Hall as a test of Keya's progress. That's what I thought happened. Wrong. What really happened, I learned later, is that the Order Hall itself had been attacked by a Legion elite. The result was the same, dead elite, but now it makes more sense.

"Rakta Gets Smarter." Rakta doesn't get much time to work, but she did manage to finish the tasks required to earn the Alchemy Profession. She expected to be able to learn at least the basics in potions, flasks, etc before being blocked by a dungeon run. Wrong. Rakta can only complete the first seven quests before being blocked by a dungeon requirement: "Eye of Aszhara: Put a Cork in It." At that level Rakta can't even craft the simplest legion level flask.

"Getting Bloody." What is the name of the new island in Warcraft?  I thought it was called "The Broken Shores." No. Technically, it's called "Broken Shore" and it's the new zone released in Patch 7.2. Wait, isn't it called the "Broken Isles?" No, "Broken Isles" is a NEW island off the coast of Broken Shore, called Broken Isles. Get it? Zero points for originality. Maybe in the next patch we'll get a new zone called "Gilligans Island."

"Chasing Jewels." I've listed this one not because Rakta has reached a block with her Jewelcrafting quests yet, but because I distrust the process she's forced to follow. She has, in good faith, mapped out a total of 12 quests to get to her goal of learning lock picking. I don't think Rakta will be allowed to reach that goal. You watch.

Well, that takes me up to the end of February. In a couple more months I'm sure to find more errors to giggle or groan over.

No comments:

Post a Comment