Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Oh Dear Me! I thought This was Over

Oh Dear Me! I thought This was Over

Wild now has his Underlight Angler. Wild had this idea that the Underlight Angler artifacts and traits would work the same way everyone else's works. They sort of do and sort of don't.

After some fumbling around, Wild figured out that he could summon the artifact via Shift-Right click. That will display the artifact. Wild recalls that when he got his first look at an artifact, one cell was already in place. Like a nice pat of encouragement. There was no such help with the Angler.

The Angler has artifacts and traits. It is blank, a flat zero. Wild's second revelation is that all that artifact power Wild has at his disposal is useless to the Angler. The Angler doesn't use it.

What does the Angler use? You might have guessed that it is powered by fish. Correct. But not just any fish. The Angler must have RARE fish. In order to gain AP for the Angler, the process is to catch a rare fish and then throw it into the fountain with the twirling ball overhead in Dalaran.

Wild had a moment of reflection. Is this even worth the effort? Yes, Wild decided with a deep growl of stubborness. Wild will get those fish. He isn't going to give up. After all this time Wild will work this until that fishing pole shines and does something actually worthwhile.

Keya was watching. And smiling. "Got to hand it to ya, Wild, you don't give up easily. I have a confession to make. I never finished my Angler. My fishing artifact is incomplete. I quit working on it the minute I realized it wouldn't help me kill things. Keep playing with your toy. I'm interested in how this turns out. If it ever does amount to anything."

No comments:

Post a Comment