Thursday, March 16, 2017

Not Out of the Woods Yet

Not Out of the Woods Yet

A real live emergency is under way. My computer failed yesterday. Completely dead. Follow along while I figure it all out. Or not. 

Well, I've found a way to communicate, through the blog. My Outlook email remains unreliable. Otherwise, Gmail is the best place to find me at this point (cbwayne.cb@gmail.com).

The new computer is very nice, but putting all the pieces together is a nightmare. If email was reliable it would be a hell of a lot easier. I had to give up long time friend Windows 7 Professional for the current Windows 10. On the surface I think it will be a good thing, if I survive the learning curve. Between equipment issues, installation craziness, and uncooperative programs, progress has been slow.

World of Warcraft refused to cooperate until this morning, when a real person finally untangled things. WoW is currently loading. At the pace it's going, I may be able to get in game by the end of the week. Okay, maybe not that long, but its at a crawl.

Firefox at least is working, security is intact, I can now get Netflix, and now Blogger is working. Small victories, but I'll take what I can get.

More hopeful posts to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment