Friday, March 17, 2017

It Gets Worse

It Gets Worse

Out of several programs I've been trying to revive from the debacle of this new computer, there is one small shining light. World of Warcraft is still up and running, just about the only program that hasn't tried to suicide itself. I was even able to install Auctioneer and Postal, the two programs Chaitee needs the most to work the AH.

Then there are the disasters. When the computer seemed to be cogent awhile I figured I would go ahead and install Microsoft Office for Word, which is a necessary evil in the publishing world. "Evil" is the right word, because its attempts to install failed. Worse, I let a Microsoft tech try to fix it. An hour later he gave up and told me to try again tomorrow when the second Tier help was available.

The half installed Office keeps asking questions every few minutes. To make things even more interesting I am still buried with problems sending mail and receiving mail. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I have another tech from Cox cable also coming tomorrow to fix my email.

But there is one even crazier event. I was so frustrated that I couldn't get my iphone working, I called my Mom to cry on her shoulder (she has been through the Windows 10 install and she's still not recovered). So I used the tried an true regular wall phone to call her - and I got a wrong number. Twice.  The lady who answered was nice, but I figured two wrong calls were enough and left her alone.

So phone-wise the same rules apply - sometimes it works, sometimes not. Let me know if blog post reaches you. The others have gotten to me. That's something, at least.


No comments:

Post a Comment