Monday, November 13, 2017

Some Demon Hunter Love

Some Demon Hunter Love

Note: This blog post was completed earlier but not posted due to the Deadly Crash.

Keya was in Mardum and got a whisper from a gal who just loved Keya's mount, the Felbroken Shrieker. She asked where I got it, and I told her it was a demon hunter class mount. Then she asked how she could get it. Keya is very proud of her mount so I didn't mind the questions. I got a sense that there was more than just curiosity, so I asked her if she was also a demon hunter. Yep, she is also a demon hunter.

I knew what she was about to get herself into, should she go after getting that mount. She also had the same response that I had when I first learned what it would take to earn that mount. I asked her if she had earned Legion Flying yet. The answer was no, and she had no intention of going through that process. I then told her it was even worse than that. She had to have completed Pathfinder Part 2, and she would have to complete a number of dungeons.

She then dismissed the idea, just as I once did. Why go to all that trouble when something fancier will turn up in the next patch? But I will still have my mount, no matter what I reminded her.

I then added that there was only one other mount that I could never part with, and that was the original, druid only "Raven Lord" mount. Which later begat the "Reins of the Dread  Raven" and then to the "Dread Raven" that most folks remember. Interesting fact: The original Raven Lord can't fly! It is ground mount only.

The Felbroken Shrieker will be one of the great mounts, in my view. I don't know when or if non demon hunters will be allowed to have one. But for now, it is unique and special. It is so special the beast cannot fit through the door at many of the pubs in Dalaran. Seriously. Keya thinks that is gut busting funny. In fact, one of Keya's best tricks to stand on the threshold of an establishment and watch others stare in awe of her beast. Shriek isn't very patient and will strike at those trying to enter and will even thrust it's head into the room.

Terms of Engagement - Chaitee went against the suggestions of Icy Veins and took a path that shortened the cooldown of her Harpoon. Killing with a Harpoon now automatically resets the cooldown to zero. It's an improvement, but Keya may have to talk to a Game Master to figure out why Keya can't right-click attack a hostile target. [Note - this issue is still not resolved]

Shooting Blanks - Java got her first real chance to defend the Auction House Saturday night. First, she forgot to turn PvP on so all her attempts to engage went nowhere. The attacks came again a couple of minutes later from the same prior attack and this time Java was ready. She struck with Avenger's Shield. Three seconds later Java was dead. Ouch. Then again, the Horde Pvpers were good, and there weren't many alliance fighting back. Wildshard poked fun at the Alliance ineptitude, sneering that nothing had changed in all the years the two factions had been fighting each other.

Oh, and one final thing - Chaitee is now Level 110! [Again, this was completed before the crash]

No comments:

Post a Comment