Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Chaitee Madness Revealed

Chaitee Madness Revealed

Chaitee is a very level headed hunter. Her competitors on the Auction House know she is also crafty and ruthless when gold is at stake. Attacks on the AH by the Horde have been increasingly frequent. The other auctioneers just sigh and wait for the attackers to leave. It's mostly an annoyance, but Chaitee has begun to take it personally. The interruptions stop the flow of gold into her pocket and she can't have that. Not on her watch.

Chaitee has a secret wish. She wants to be able to kill the idiots that interrupt the flow of gold. The question is what to do about it? She is only a level 32 hunter. Her beast mastery hunter spec is very different in Legion and Chaitee admits she doesn't even recognize it anymore. Chaitee doesn't have the time, either, to level her skills and still get her work done.

Frustrated and maddened at her predicament, Chaitee went a tad crazy. Unable to help herself, she began collecting pieces of gear and hiding them at the back of the guild Vault. Things became even stranger when young Pulsefyre returned to the fold. Chaitee latched onto her, giving her the title of Chaitee's Assistant.

Things went from bad to worse. The flow of gold slowed. Chaitee made demands of Sista to increase the production of bags, despite the slowdown in sales. Pulsefyre was running out of places to store the growing mound of bags.

After another series of disruptions on the Auction House floor, Chaitee snapped. It started with Pulsefyre. Chaitee hunted down the overwhelmed youngster. "You're fired!" Chaitee told her. "You don't know the difference between a plus and a minus! Get out of my sight before I teach you to count by cutting off the digits of your fingers and toes, knuckle by knuckle!" Pulsefyre hastily sped out of town. And there she stays.

Tiphaine finally had enough. She had to really bite back her tongue to keep from lashing out at her, but without Chaitee, Tiphaine would face even worse trouble. She took Chaitee aside, ignoring everything else. The very viability of the Autumn Tea Green Guild could be at stake. The rest of the guild stood aside and murmered among themselves.

Tiphaine considered the obvious questions. Not, "What do you want?" Not, "What's wrong?"
She asked, as calmly as she could without exploding herself. "How can I fix this?"

Chaitee was on the edge, but she was listening to Tiphaine. "I want . . . I need, to protect my customers from the Horde intrusions."

"The rest of the guild have their own business to attend to. Are you asking one of us to stand guard?" Chaitee shook her head.

The others relaxed just a little. "Then I have to ask you again, How do I fix this?"

Chaitee was calmer now. She even seemed a bit sheepish. "I guess you know I've been accumulating a few things. Weapons and gear and such."

Tiphanie was silent, letting Chaitee talk. "I admit it's a bit silly, but I thought if only I could fight back, you know?"

Tiphaine did know. "I see." The others looked baffled.

"How did you know?" Tiphaine asked. Chaitee laughed. "I'm in charge of the storerooms. I didn't know if the guild still had it, but once I started looking it wasn't hard to find."

"WHAT?" demanded the rest of the guildies, frustrated to still be in the dark.

Tiphaine raised a hand, silencing them. "The guild has in our possession a Level 100 Boost artifact."

Tiphaine was surprised that there was less pandemonion that she thought there would be. Sure, there were questions, but when one thinks about it, they all agreed that Chaitee was the right person to have it.

 "I can't do what Keya can," Chaitee explained, "and I likely will take my time leveling when I can, but at least I'll be into Legion proper. Even at level 100 and 101 I feel confident I can at least annoy the idiots at the AH."

Chaitee smiled wickedly. "I really want a truly ferocious combat pet, though."

Tiphaine smiled behind her hand. That went well, she figured. It could have turned into a brawl over who should have it. But the major guildies are aleady past the need for a Boost, and if Chaitee wants to play guard of the Auction House, Chaitee would be the gal they would choose, anyway. Most importantly, everyone can go back to business.

No comments:

Post a Comment