Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Tuesday (2 Apr) - No Padres, but Mariners and Rangers Make News



Tuesday (2 Apr) - No Padres, but Mariners and Rangers Make News

There was no Padres game scheduled on 2 April.

I'm working on getting my tables to display the way I want them to. My blogger program refuses to recognize copied tables, so I lose my table formatting when I copy my post over to the blog. I discovered that the tables successful copy into my email, though, and then I can copy the email and the tables stay intact when I then copy it to the blog. Weird, but it works. The font is too large for the width of my blog space, however. Since my blog width is fixed, I will be testing out a smaller font in the tables. Ultimately, I may change my blog format into something that will give me more room for the tables.

2013 Padres Season Results Summary (no change from yesterday other than I'm testing a smaller font)

Comparison
W  L  GB
BA
Runs
ERA
Padres 2012
76 86 18.0
.247
651
4.01
Reality Autoplay
84 78 10.0
.243
667
3.69
Promise Autoplay
80 82 10.0
.249
688
3.81
2013 Season
W  L  GB
BA
Runs
ERA
Actual Results
0  1  1.0
.129
2
12.38
Reality Results
1  0  ---
.333
4
2.00
Promise Results
1  0  ---
.194
2
1.00











2013 Padres Day by Day Results (vs New York Mets)

Game #001
Result
Score                                                          
Actual
Loss
11-2
Reality
Win
4-2
Promise
Win
2-1

Mariners News:

Since there's nothing new from the Padres I'll mention the Seattle Mariners. They are 2-0 on the season so far and have the best record in both the American and National leagues. Savor it while you can, erik. The predictions of my two simulation leagues have been perfect - as in perfectly wrong. Not only are they 0-3 in predictions for the Padres, they're almost as bad at predicting success or failure for the Mariners. In the Reality league the Mariners are 0-2, but did manage a 1-1 record in the Promise league. 

Yes, but then there is the Texas Rangers. Here the simulations are right on target. Both the Reality and Promise leagues matched the actual 1-1 record of the team. So there ...

No comments:

Post a Comment