Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Protect the Home Front

Protect the Home Front

Personal Note - I came down with laryngitis last Saturday. It was kind of funny at first. My voice was a mere rasp, but otherwise I had no other symptoms. However, by Sunday night I had a full fledged virus. The worst is the coughing, which never lets up and has shredded the back of my thoat. I'm getting less than three hours sleep a night. The worst is that I've been so sick I can only do very short forays into the game before the coughing fits take over.

One of those forays was this morning, when I managed to feel sane enough to attempt one of the demon attacks. It was in Hillsbrad, hell and gone from Stormwind, but Keya took flight to find it. She finally reached Tauren Mills, a horde town that meant those of the alliance persuasion had to fight horde and demons both. There weren't that many of us, but we were able to clear all but a single elite that seemed content to stay in the town forever. Keya died twice and watched as numerous others rushed in, died, and ran back to our corpses to try again. Eventually, we persevered, and won her first event, Protect the Home Front.

I have to admit the "winning" was the least satisfactory part of the event. I received 15 gold, and earned 12 nethershards. The nethershards can be used to buy healing potions and medical dressings. Keya needs to stock up on her medical needs. She also needs to spend more time practicing her spells and rotations. I'm still making adjustments. More to come . . . . excuse the coughing fit!

After recovering a bit, Jocelyne got some time to see how things work in the Horde world of Legion. The scenarios for both factions were fun to participate in. I think the Horde had the easier transition, a surprise (or not, if you're alliance). Anyway, Jocy walked away with very modest gear (since she was already well geared). She gained only one gear point, from i693 to i694.

Now time for another nap. As the saying goes, "It takes seven days to a week to get rid of a cold/virus." Sigh, this is only day five.

No comments:

Post a Comment