Sunday, April 10, 2016

The "Soul" of Rock and Roll

The "Soul" of Rock and Roll

It was a rockin' weekend with the Padres winning 13-6 and 16-3 on Friday and Saturday nights. Those two lop-sided wins helped fans to forget the first three games of the season, all losses, and without scoring a single run. Thanks to the Colorado Rockies, the Padres are looking good again.

Also looking pretty good is Sista. After clearing the Shadowmoon Valley zone, she laid claim to Gorgrond at Wildwood Wash and set up her lumber mill. Much of the work mirrored the Horde questing, but she suspects there will be surprises ahead of her. Sista reached level 93 and flew back to Stormwind to check on gear upgrades. No chance. The good stuff was way too costly and the less expensive stuff - well, they pretty much sucked. The Alliance team is managing with the gold they began with and Sista reports she is still hammering the bad guys at a good pace.

Sista's big moment so far was her first real solo encounter with an elite. She was killing goons for a quest and wasn't paying particular attention to what she was engaging, believing them all to be similar types. Sista saw a big fellow standing by himself away from the others and pounced on him. Only then did she see he was a level 93 elite. It was a bit scary at the start but only a few seconds into the fight she knew she had him. The elite went down.

Sista added another elite, Lyu (level 94 elite) to her list of kills and located another stopover with a flight path in High Pass. Sista reached level 94 and got her notice to join in the battles at the Iron Docks. At present she is declining the offer until she cleans up a few quests. But that time is coming.

The faction transfer may require more time. As of Sunday morning I have only 11 hours left of my free game time and Blizzard is still telling me that I don't yet have a full seven days worth of authenticator use. Of course, there isn't anything to tell me how long the authenticator has been active. So I reopened my ticket to ask that question. This will be GM #9, I think. So far it's been a new GM every time. I use live chat for these tickets as they usually are very fast to come online. This morning, though, is different. Been waiting . . .  and waiting. Maybe Sunday is a bad day for these things . . .

At last, a GM! Took 45 minutes and two retries. The Bad News: the faction transfer is off for another week. The current GM (#10) working the issues told me that I had requested that the authenticator be turned off five days ago. Not true, and I proved it since I keep a record of these live chat sessions. So Blizz screwed up. So they can waive the 7 day authenticator process, right? Nope. The system is hard-wired, so they say. The authenticator was restarted and I will have to wait another seven days before I can do the faction transfer. What a goat rope! The GM did give me 8 more days of free game time, but that doesn't mean much since I'm not playing any of the characters on that account. BIG SIGH.

Tiphaine is half inclined to turn the whole thing off. Sista and Java are pleading with her to be patient. Patience is not one of Tiphaine's virtues. Maybe some other kind of bribe? Well . . .  The Java family doesn't have a Human representative. How would Tiphaine feel about adding to her guild?

Meet new recruit Whispersoul, Level 1 human warrior.











1 comment:

  1. Why is she standing in a trough? Also, why is there a sinister face next to her in the bushes? I am guessing she is a rogue. Welcome!

    ReplyDelete