Monday, April 4, 2016

Preparations For the Faction Change

Preparations For the Faction Change

The purpose of this post is to document the process. Some or all of the below is already known. I was going to list all of the rules governing character and guild faction changes. That was so boring I left it out, but I did leave in some of the crazier ones.

Let me try to condense the process using real characters. I should repeat WHY this makes sense. Which is - the alliance guild has very little gold to work with. How much does the alliance need? As much as Happy will give them. Specifics will be discussed offline.

(1) Tiphaine is guild leader of Knights Templarr. She currently has no members, and there has to be at least one member in the guild (not counting the GL) for the faction change to occur. I can't invite characters on the same account to join the guild, nor can they be in game at the same time. So I need outside help from a horde character I can invite into the guild. That will give me that one member in the guild.

(2) I'm now waiting for the 7 day authenticator period to end before I can actually do the faction change. During this time I will stuff Tiphaine and her guild with gold while she is still a horde guild.

(3) When I get the green light, I'll do the faction transfer. Oddly, only the guild leader and the guild changes faction (and with the transfer comes the framework of the guild, including the guild bank, perks, and completed achievements).

(4) Guild members DON'T transition. The one character in the guild is automatically kicked out of the guild. That is very stupid, but it certainly gets Blizz a lot of money if a large guild is involved (imagine every guildie paying that $25 faction change fee). But I digress. Our horde character isn't needed anymore anyway. Guild Leader Tiphaine (now alliance) now needs an alliance character outside my account to ask to join the guild. Tiphaine will give him/her power to add more guildies - Javajoo, Chaitee and Sistaphilia specifically.

(5) Then there is the question of the Tea Green guild. Note that there are eleven characters still listed as guild members. I will only have Alwayslost still in that guild, but he's on the account that will shut down. Tea Green will need a new guild leader if we want to keep it going. Another thought is that maybe we don't need two alliance guilds. We could shut down Tea Green before the faction transfer and I could then rename Knights Templarr to Tea Green using my free guild name change (assuming no one steals the name during the turnover).
I'm probably missing something, but this seems to be where we stand right now. Finally, if there are still questions or something isn't right please say so.

There is NO URGENCY, so I welcome other comments and ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment