Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend 2 (3 Feb) - Pet Battle Grinding and More (Yawn) Grinding

Weekend 2 (3 Feb) - Pet Battle Grinding and More (Yawn) Grinding

The grind is getting to me. On Saturday I did 12 Tamer quests. On Sunday I realized that I had only done the second half set of quests. Instead of another 10+2, there were actually 20+4, or something like that. What I had missed on Saturday was the low level grind (around level 3-10). I guess I could skip those, but each group gives a package of goodies, so it would be hard to turn down those easy low level battles.

I am also facing a problem with my mid-level pets. I have really good pets in the 17+ range, and some good up and comers in the 5-12 range. Between level 11-16, though, they are all captured pets and so far have not shown me much. The Bat (13) that I had hopes for faired very poorly against the Tamers even at the 10-12 level.

Sunday's effort gave me a half dozen packages of goodies, but none of them dropped anything useful other than a few bandages. I am still holding two stones that will upgrade Critter type pets to a rare. I haven't found any pet worthy of using one of them, though.

Here is the latest leveling update:

21 - Strand Crawler. Very powerful, I should get this dude to 25.

20 - Spirit of Competition. Very good as well.

18 - Fluxfire Feline. One shot three Tamer pets in a single battle. But, she dies more often than any other pet, even though she can resurrect.

17 - 'Lil Deathwing. Turning into a pretty good fighter.

17 - Strand Crab. Very solid backup for Strand Crawler. Used as safety net for lower level pet battles.

17 - Rabid Nut Varmit. Captured two of these rares, hoping they would be a potent addition. Fast, can resurrect, but not powerful, the jury is still out.

13-15 - This is full of garbage rares with little redeeming value: Tainted Cockroach (15), Tainted Moth (15), Parrot (14), Rattlesnake (14), Tainted Cockroach (14), Bat (13), Gold Beetle (13), Mouse (13). I'll keep them for my collection, but they don't get any combat action. 

12 and under - Here are some up and comers I have high hopes for: Core Hound Pup (12), Strand Crawler #2 (10), Frosty (8), Crimson Lasher (7), Dark Phoenix Hatchling (7), Mr. Grubbs (6), Armadillo Pup (5), Ghostly Skull (5).

The Armadillo Pup is another tanking pet, but without the crawler's healing. The weird thing about this pet is that it displays as an Uncommon green, but it's really a rare. The Pup will get a chance to prove itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment