Sunday, February 10, 2013

Friday (8 Feb) - New Pets!

Friday (8 Feb) - New Pets!

When Fist decided to try some pet battles in Pandaria, she had no idea how many new pets there were available! Fist has only begun to scratch the surface, but here is a quick list of the new pets that have been added to the collection.

23 - Bandicoon (rare): I like it, but it hasn't held up very well so far
23 - Golden Civet Kitten (rare) - eh, not that impressed
23 - Jumping Spider (rare) - another eh.
23 - Bandicoon (Uncommon) - eh.
22 - Eternal Strider (Uncommon) - I'd like to catch a rare, because I'm told this is a very solid pet. The Strider hasn't seen combat yet.
22 - Malayan Quillrat (Uncommon): Looks like a porcupine, hasn't really impressed me.
22 - Malayan Quillrat Pup (rare): Same as above, but as a rare it looks a little more deadly. Will give it a test run.
21 - Bandicoon Kit (Uncommon): Eh.
21 - Softshell Snapling (Uncommon): I like this one! I want a rare.
21 - Masked Tanuki (Uncommon) - eh.

And, as of late Friday night, here are my best pets:

The Main Team (all rares, with type in parentheses)
25 - Strand Crawler (aquatic)
25 - Spirit of Competition (dragonkin)
25 - 'Lil Deathwing (dragonkin)
25 - Fluxfire Feline (Mechanical)

Second String -
23 - Golden Civet Kitten (rare) - fodder
23 - Jumping Spider (rare) - fodder
22 - Eternal Strider (Uncommon) - grooming, hope to upgrade to rare
22 - Malayan Quillrat Pup (rare) - has potential
18 - Arcane Eye (rare, magic) - grooming this one to be in main team

I'll be pushing to capture a rare Eternal Strider instead of leveling the one I have. I'll be leveling the Arcane Eye as often as I can.

Most of my pet battle time will likely be leveling up more useful pets at lower levels. Also, I still need to put toons in place to do the quests and dailies for Northrend, Cata, and, finally, Pandaria. Since I am barely beating the Outland Grand Master now, I may need a different makeup of pets to beat the even harder ones that follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment