Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sunday (24 Feb) - Cata Falls

Sunday (24 Feb) - Cata Falls

Fist's pet battle team lined up and defeated all three Tamers in the Cata quest. The Grand Master tamer should go down soon.

In the meantime Fist was a very busy girl. When she wrapped up the Tamer defeat in the Highlands, she decided to stick around and pick up some more pets. There are several interesting ones in that zone.

In addition, there were some other pets that were patiently, or not so patiently, waiting for chance at level 25.

Here are the new additions to the battle pet family of level 25s:

Cat (beast) - Leveled from 20 to 25; very good speed and some nice abilities, although a bit squishy.

Dancing Water Skimmer (aquatic) - Needed just two levels to get to 25, this is a near duplicate of the Eternal Strider, which I also like a lot.

Highlands Turkey (flying) - This is a new one from the Highlands, and I really love this fellow.

The following are newly added to the stable:

Twilight Fiendling (magic) - This is a tough one to get, and I was not able to snare a rare. I have a level 22 white/common, and a level 21 poor quality that has a better set of stats. Fist may have to hang around the Highlands a bit more to come up with a better choice. I might use a flawless battle stone on one of them if I get impatient. I wonder if it's better to use a stone on the poor one with the better stats or the white one already at a higher level?

Wild Hammer Griffin Hatchling (flying) - I could not snare a rare for this one, either, but I did get a green/uncommon one at level 22. This one was nasty to battle against. Again, this was from the Highlands zone so maybe I'll get a shot at a rare.

Twilight Spider (22), Has potential.

Highlands Skunk (21), another interesting pet I may level up.

I really wanted a Highland Mouseling, too, but never found a rare or even a green that I wanted to keep.

I also accidentally killed three rares I was trying to capture. Sometimes those pets don't know their own strength. Another one killed by accident was a green Fiendling with great stats. That hurt.

I wish flawless battle stones could be viewed across every toon. I'm losing track of who has what stones. I think I have at least five of varying types out there somewhere.

Update: I did the quest line for Uldum to get the Portal from Org, and then faced off against Cata's Grand Master Tamer Obalis. Took him out on the first try, and then beat him a second time as the daily. I used a level 22 Sandy Petrel (a seagull) in the team, too. I thought the bird might leap two levels, but it was only one, to level 23.

Oh, and in Uldum I snared a level 21 rare Tol'vir Scarab. This is my first pet with the ability called Apocalypse. It takes twenty rounds to light it off, but it kills all - ALL - of the opponents pets when it strikes.

Monday is a busy day in game as well, more about that in the next entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment