Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Tuesday (9 Feb) - Ouch!

Tuesday (9 Feb) - Ouch!

Getting those stitches out was actually worse than suturing them in. I had a different doctor taking them out, and he immediately complained that a single rolling stitch hadn't been used to close the wound. Each of the fourteen stitches were tied separately, so he had to cut and remove them one at a time. The bruised, swollen remains after the stitches came out looked awful, but it will heal. There is going to be a doozy of a scar, though.

The real fun, however, started when Wild tried to log in Tuesday night for the guild 25 man raid. This was the weekly maintenance day and the down time had been extended three times to fix problems. Wild first logged in at 4pm, taking about 15 minutes and three tries to get in game. The idea was that I would get Wild logged in and out of Dalaran before things got even even worse. It was past 4:30pm by the time Wild got to Icecrown Citadel, where I had to leave him, logging out for dinner (mandatory family time on raid nights). After dinner it took more than 20 minutes to get logged back in, finally getting in game at about 5:55pm. So, even with the horrible login problems Wild was in game, one time, and at ICC where I was supposed to be. Wild had also signed up for the raid. Wild was ready to rock.

We were also planning on testing the new dkp system, which required every raider loading that addon I mentioned yesterday, EPGPLootMaster. Except that raid leadership had confused folks with differing addons, and after all that effort to login Wild learned that they had changed the addon and now I should be loading EPGPLoot2 instead. Or in addition. I wasn't sure, it was all very confusing.

I asked in guild chat for some guidance, as did others. I was not going to log out to change addons without being directed to as I didn't want to spend another 20 minutes trying to get back in. At 6:30pm (30 minutes late already) there were 13 raiders in ICC, and 11 more standing around outside. That's when Wild realized that invites must have gone out - and an invite had not come his way. I went to the raid calendar. To Wild's complete and utter surprise he was listed as a Standby. Wait a minute. For last week's raid Wild had checked himself as Tentative because of my hand, but I was still in game and on time and prepared to play if they needed me. They didn't need me and I was fine with that. But that should be taken into account for this week's raid.

So now, Wild is waiting to see if I'm going to be invited this week. Narcissus was in game with Wild while I was waiting. I need a shortcut name for her, and Narc just doesn't really do her justice. I think she's going to called Sis from now on. Sis was busy levelling and had reached level 76, making Philly pretty jealous and maybe spurring Philly to greater effort, as she is still short of level 72. Anyway, Sis was keeping Wild company and sharing cake while she was lagfrozen after dying, although the server hadn't caught up with that yet. She was also watching MST3K at the same time. Wild couldn't resist commenting about how great watching MST3k was, particularly when you are dead and eating cake. Chatting with Sis was great, and by far the best part of this evening.

Wild watched as the raid continued to fill, hearing that some spots were being held open for raiders still trying to log in. At 6:45pm there were still six guildies standing outside ICC, four of us, including Wild, being healers. I could count six healers in the raid already, and I was pretty sure that was the number they were aiming for. We got the word. The raid was full, thank you for standing by. Sis put down her cake long enough to whip up a special warlock "Curse of the Hemmorhoids" on the raid, which Wild greatly appreciated.

So Wild has now missed two weeks in a row, and I'm going to want an answer to that. I'm also going to be paying a lot more attention to how raiders answer the raid calendar. I am pretty sure one of the druids had listed himself as tentative, had made last week's raid, and yet got invited ahead of Wild.

To be honest, though, I'm pretty sure why. Wild did end up in the Wednesday night raid last week, where we downed Toravon in VoA and Wild got his T10. Wild wasn't even signed up for that raid and normally would have been running with the MM 10 man. A run's a run, though, so that is likely how they'll see it.

Philly got a little game time, and is now 67% of the way to level 72. In addition to the Isle Philly has been doing some of the dailies for Valentine's week (called Love is in the Air). There are five easy quests that give over 100k xp. There are other quests as well, and even a special level 80 boss to kill, but Philly isn't THAT interested in the silly goings on.

No comments:

Post a Comment