Friday, September 11, 2009

Welcome!

First of all, Welcome to all of you who have been following this story and have made it over here from the Sporting News site. And a second Welcome to the newcomers!

Wild's daily adventures will be posted here as an alternate site to the Sporting News forums, which has been unavailable and unreliable in recent days (and weeks).

By way of background, this story began as a question about World of Warcraft on the Sporting News message forums way back in 2005. I was playing Strat-o-Matic Baseball online, and had recently started playing WoW. That's how a WoW story ended up on a sports site. I have been writing about my "toons" ever since.

The Sporting News forums have gone through a number of transitions over time, including a complete replacement of their forums a few years ago. When that happened the recounting of Wild's adventures was manually moved with laborious love from the old boards to the new.

As many know, those forums are again in trouble, and have been unavailable for long stretches of time. I hear that we may eventually see a second evolution of replacing the current in house managed boards with a third party site.

The problem right now is that I can't get my entries posted! Not on the forums, not through private messages, not even through SN's own blogger. So I was forced to find another way.

If I can ever get thirty seconds of access to the boards, I will post the URL for the new site and (hopefully) start getting readers over to here.

And for those of you who have already found your way here, Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment