Friday, November 21, 2014

Wildshard Reunion With Meitha

Wildshard Reunion With Meitha

Wild stopped raiding with his raiding guild, Meitha, during the last days of the Cataclysm expansion. In a nutshell, the raids had become boring. Wild was burned out. The guild continued on without him. When the next expansion came out, Mists of Pandaria (MoP), Wild dutifully leveled from 85 to 90 and actually had fun doing it. However, the urge to raid never came to him. Wild stayed with the Meitha guild but never entered a dungeon or raid throughout MoP. The whole Wild clan went dormant with the exception of Happyface.

Warlords of Draenor (WoD) was different and interesting enough to give the game another try. As already reported, I have three level 90 toons who are leveling in WoD. Wild just made level 91 last night and was taking a break in Orgrimmar, when I saw a very familiar face, one I hadn't seen in quite some time.

"Bloodnuckle!" Wild gave him a mighty shout and a wave. Blood, or BK, among his several nicknames, waved back and asked, "How the hell are you doing, Wild!?" The veteran tank looked good, but he was only at level 88. BK had also taken a long break from the game and obviously had not even had the time to finish leveling in Pandaria, yet. We talked of old times and I even sent another old friend, Talatiana (Lady Tala, to us old cabal friends) a few tickles. We talked for a bit and it seems that there are several of the old guard back in the game to see if the new expansion is worth playing. Wild is making no promises about raiding, but I have to admit that if enough of Wild's old friends wanted to raid again, Wild would be tempted.

As for the triplet of 90s now leveling in Draenor, Wild and Jocy are now both at level 91. Fist should get there today sometime. I'm going to try that approach for awhile. I will level all three toons a level at a time. It will take a lot longer to get to level 100, of course, but I think I will level faster overall because I will be very familiar with the quests and such the second and third time I do them. It also ensures that I leave no one behind, like I've done before. Poor Jezzi and Philly are still at level 85. The once mysterious Tiphaine came out of the shadows a couple of expansions ago but got stalled at level 72. I held Jezzi and Philly back because I wanted to level Fist from level 1 to 90 and focused only on that. Then Wild, being the senior, got the chance to level from 85 to 90 after Fist was done. Jezzi and Philly have a long wait ahead of her. Tiphaine may never catch up.

Wild's propensity to get lost has not manifested itself yet, but I did balk at taking the flight to Ashron recently. It seemed a simple quest, but once I accepted it sent Wild to the over side of the world, it seemed to him. I still had many quests to do back at the Garrison area, so I just turned around and took the flight back again. Wild is a very linear thinker and doer. Ashron can wait. Meanwhile, Fist, still short of level 91, has improved her gear skill from ilevel 503 to i509 now.

Jocy has improved her retribution gear to i512. Her healing gear began at its very basic. As a "boosted" toon, she received a set of i483 healing gear, i485 overall. Maintaining at least two separate sets of gear has always been a necessary chore for any player who wanted to play multiple roles. With WoD, a truly nice change in gear stats has made that much less of a chore. Let me use Jocy as the example. Her primary stats are intelligence (for healing) and strength (for killing things). Before WoD that gear could only have one or the other stat, not both. Much (though not all) gear now carries both primary stats. Only one can be active at a time (based on the spec), but in many cases the same gear can be used for both specs. That change meant that Jocy's healing gear could be instantly upgraded simply by switching to healing spec and using the same gear she uses for retribution spec. Her healing gear jumped from i485 to i497.

I've touched lightly on Garrisons so far. It is a major addition to the game. More about that in the next post.



No comments:

Post a Comment