Saturday, October 26, 2013

Shiny's Part Two

Shiny's Part Two

The WoW gods must have something truly disastrous in mind for Wild. That's the only rational explanation for all of Wild's good fortune over the past couple of days.

The expected new bounty started with Wild earning the 50,000 coins needed to get his i535 trinket, which will replace an i409 trinket. Or will it? On the same morning that Wild earned his 50k coins, he got a drop called a Timeless Curio. This item, when used, creates an i496 trinket. So, let me summarize the trinket scenario:

Old i409 --> New i535
Old i476 --> New i496

Pretty simple math, right? Well, there is a problem. There are only two types of trinkets available from the Isle that casters use, one called Chi-ji used for healing specs, and another called Bite for DPS spec (that would be balance/moonkin for Wild). Wild's plan was to buy the Chi-ji and use the Curio for the other. I can't use two of the same trinkets, as they are "unique-equipped" so only one can be equipped at a time. There is another, worse issue. Players are reporting a  bug that even in balance spec, the Curio will still drop the healing trinket, not the DPS one. Complaints to Blizz about that have fallen on deaf ears. I'm not about to blow 50k coins and a curio to discover I can only equip one of them.

This is crazy.

Wild also has another Burden of Eternity, so I thought, ok, I'll take the i496 DPS trinket Curio and upgrade it to i535. Sorry, trinkets can't be upgraded with Burdens of Eternity.

Wild had already bought the 50k coin chi-ji trinket, but I got so confused I sold it back until I could get things figured out. That was a little scary all by itself. What if I sold it back and didn't get back my 50k in coins? The buy back worked, though, thankfully.

Here is my plan. I checked around on Wowhead, and it appears that the DPS trinket bug has been fixed. So, I will use the curio to get the DPS i496 trinket, which will replace the i496. I will go back and buy, again, the i535 healing trinket to replace the i409. Then, since I still have the Burden of Eternity, I intend to upgrade another piece of gear, probably the helm. That will still leave Wild with one piece of gear left under I496 - his necklace, at i476.

Update: The plan worked. Wild has both the i535 and i496 trinkets now. His gear score jumped from i496 to i505.

Oops, Wild can't count to two. He has two pieces of gear now under i496, not just one: his i476 necklace, and his i476 off-hand. Now, the question remains how and when to use Wild's Burden of Eternity. There is no off-hand gear on the Timeless Isle, so take that off the list. If a necklace were to drop on the Isle, upgrading it from i496 to i535 would add +298 int to his gear. However, Wild already has an unused i496 helm piece. If Wild upgraded his helm to i535, he would gain +536 int, close to double that of the necklace. Seems to be a no brainer.

The upgrade of Wild's Helm raised his gear score to i508. Wild is pretty impressed with himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment