Monday, March 25, 2013

Weekend (24 Mar) - Scratching Together A Few Things

Weekend (24 Mar) - Scratching Together A Few Things

If it weren't for Lao and Sis Happy would be missing out on a lot of deals. First it was Lao, patiently explaining to Wild that there was money to be made making high end enchants for Happy to sell. Naw, Wild said, I still need to finish leveling my enchanting profession. Really? Lao asked skeptically. Wild grunted and climbed out of his hammock to look. Well, what do you know, my enchanting is already at the max skill of 600, he had to admit, a bit sheepishly. But I can't make the most important enchant, creating a sha crystal, because I don't have the recipe. Lao sighed instead of smacking Wild upside the head. Have you checked the enchanting trainer lately? Wild shuffled over to the trainer and, wouldn't you know it, the trainer had the recipe all ready for Wild. Happy, hearing about this, plans to steal Wild's hammock so he'll actually have to do some work.

Then it was JB's turn, and she at least had the courtesy to be embarrassed. JB thought she had completed the training for her alchemy profession, but when Sis asked JB to make some master healing potions for her, JB discovered that she had only reached skill 555. JB didn't need to be asked twice. Over the weekend JB burned up some herbs and got her alchemy profession to skill 600. The Wild family picked up a nice achievement in the process for reaching the max level in five different primary professions.

Wild and JB still officially belong to the guild Meitha. They are listed as casual players now, having given up their raiding status. The guild recently moved the website to a new service and are still putting in the finishing touches. Information from the old website could not be moved to the new one, so there isn't much there yet, and everyone has to re-apply to access the site. I did that for Wild, becoming the tenth guildie to sign up. Wild likes to vicariously enjoy Meitha's raids, so I hope new content starts being added to the website soon.

The 2013 Major League baseball season is almost upon us. The Padres play their first game on 1 April. Given the state of the team, April Fool's Day seems particularly appropriate. It's an away game, though. We'll have fun on our home Opening Day, 9 Apr, against our nemesis, the Dodgers. I expect the game will be our only sell out - that's not counting the three game series in San Diego against the Yankees. I expect those games to be sold out (it's the first time the Yankees will play at Petco Park), but most of the fans in the stands will be rooting for the Yanks. That's not until August, though. The Padres will likely be well out of contention by then, and if the Yankees can't overcome the injury bug they might not be in contention, either.

My writing "career" has been coming along with the help of my writing buddies. The novel in progress has reached the magic number of 60,000 words, which is the litmus test for categorizing a story as "novel length." The final product is going to be much longer, though. So, while there is still a lot of writing to be done, I have to start thinking about the other aspects of writing - the business side of writing. To help with that, I started looking around the San Diego area for a writer's group. Another aspect is making sure my "brand" is up to date, which for me mainly means updating the website and blog I use for writing. My website, http://www.jwalkerbell.com/ has been in place for quite awhile. It's simple, but it has all the expected information. I didn't like the blog feature, however, so I developed my own, which can be linked to at http://jadedwalker.blogspot.com/. That's where you'll find all my secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment