Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Tuesday (12 Mar) - Wild Family Ignores Thunder King

Tuesday (12 Mar) - Wild Family Ignores Thunder King

As far as the Wild Family is concerned, the latest patch (5.2) loaded up with new content was a non-event. Usually, such a significant change would require updating all of my addons, checking and re-checking changes that would affect my characters, and finding out what interesting things I should be pursuing. Yawn.

The most significant impact the patch has had was the nerf of my Fluxfire Feline combat pet (named Bad Kitty). No longer could it destroy it's opponent with a single blow, and with it's poor survivability, the little fellow has retreated to his cat tree and retired.

Fist continues her farming - that is, literally farming her field of now sixteen plots. She is now Exalted with the farming community called The Tillers and has access to all of the latest farming technology to speed up the management of her field - like automatic sprinklers, a scarecrow to keep the birds away, automated pest control, and, most recently, a special plow to root out the critters that are always getting into my crops. I wonder why I can't get a fence for that. I'm getting to the point of wondering what I'm supposed to do with all of the things I'm growing, however. Most likely it will all wind up with Happy to be sold.

Happy had a bit of a renaissance in sales for awhile after the patch came out, and his profits soared even as his stock rapidly depleted. Prices have remained high on several items, so even with slowing sales Happy is still doing pretty good. However, sales have continued to slip and buyers are getting rare. It happens. There is a rhythm to the AH that Happy knows well. Happy will continue to post his goods while scooping up the bargains from frustrated sellers.

Happy does have one minor irritant. Happy owns the market on a particular jewel bag. No one makes them but Wild, and they sell for 298 gold each. Happy only sells one or two a week at most, but it's a guaranteed sale. I only have one or available at a time. About two weeks ago Happy found that he had a competitor. He was posting only one jewel bag at a time, but pricing it at 135 gold. He can't even make a profit at that price. Happy initially figured he'd by up the guys bag each time he posted, but it was irritating having him just post another one at the same silly price. The strategy now is to just ignore him. Sure, he may sell a bag or two, but more often than not the bag won't sell and Happy is hoping the guy will get discouraged and give up. We'll see. A quick check of the AH shows that the guy has no bag up for sale right now.

So, what am I doing with all that time I have now that Happy and Fist are the only toons doing anything in the World of Warcraft?  I'm mostly writing. I have a novel in work that I'm very excited about. I'm up to chapter ten, which is roughly a third done for the size of book I'm aiming for. It's a medieval fantasy novel that has nothing to do with WoW. Ok, it started out with it's roots from WoW, but all of those roots were torn out when I realized I didn't need any WoW underpinning. The novel can stand on it's own.

The Missus promises that a new post on the family blog is coming soon. She's been taking pictures of the progress of our new patio (I'll spill some beans and reveal that the concrete slab was poured on Tuesday) and share the latest news from our four footed household.

No comments:

Post a Comment