Sunday, September 23, 2018

A New Challange Awaits

A New Challange Awaits

Keya hasn't had time to stay in one place for long, but as the time comes for her to finish her leveling, she'll need a place to call home. Dalaran is always available, but she is looking for something closer to the action. Almost against her wishes, she went ahead and took the Sun Harbor Inn at Baralas as her official home.

Keya continued to plow through everything that came her way, from battling elite giants throwing boulders, to nearly dying from masses of rats almost as large as Keya, to her final battleground against an old enemy, the water wraiths that populate almost every shoreline.

And then Mahakeya turned the page and earned iLevel 120. At last. At a pig farm, of all places.

There is no rest for the weary, though. Keya immediately went to check if her Missions had come online now that she is Level 120. Unfortunately nothing has changed. It has also been confirmed that all ten of of those level 100 to 120 have the same problem with Missions. This being Saturday, a Bliz tech expects to me sometime tomorrow. But she has a ticket, and they do always, eventually, get to me.

Later. Sigh. Game Master JyaDairia got back to me on my ticket regarding problems with Missions. The supposed answer? Clear your interface and update your addons.

The issue is that I had already done that before I even contacted Blizzard. I'll dutifully do it again tomorrow (what else can I do?) and if it still isn't working Keya will ping on the Game Master again. All I have is Auctioneer, Postal, and TomTom. Plus, I don't see how Missions affects addons. Sigh again.

Here is the specific addons as listed. I of course have my Cache, Interface, and WTF files. Under Interface is Addons. Auctioneer has ten elements, plus BeanCounter, Enchantrix, Informant, Slidebar, and Stubby. Independant addons are Postal and TomTom.

Having a Dark Moment

I love playing Warcraft, and leveling and improving my character is the #1 thing I like about the game. The second most fun for me is playing the Auction House. Take that away and much of the fun goes away with it.

As Wildshard (and me) get older there are things that once were easy to comprehend and do and now have become harder. Changing computer settings, locating and installing addons, etc, add a layer of difficulty Wild did not expect. On the other hand, I think Blizzard itself has discovered it has limits. The Tech working with me doesn't know WHY the game is stuck where it is, all the tech can do is wipe the slate and have poor Wild try to fix things based on the advice of the tech.

No comments:

Post a Comment