Sunday, January 8, 2017

Make Room for Pulsefyre

Make Room for Pulsefyre

Pulsefyre ("Pulse" for short) is the new Horde Goblin Warlock. Goblin Happyface has a true smile on his face. He'll take take the young lass under his wing once she finishes her training. Pulse is learning the ropes at the Kezan starting area in The Lost Isles somewhere. There's a mailbox there and Happy has been sending her heirloom gear to get her started
.
Not so good is a problem with the Dominos addon. It is central to my setup. The addon has been in place for a very long time and works just fine - as long as I don't try to change anything. I didn't know there was a problem until I started setting Pulse up. I discovered that many of the Dominos commands no longer work. This is going to complicate getting Pulse ready for action. I posted the problem with the addon author. He no longer builds addons, but he still provides support for Dominos. I hope there is a solution that doesn't require re-installing the addon. In that case I would have to manually rebuild my setup on every character. I've done it before, but it takes time. A lot of time.

As one example of the issue, a quest required swimming underwater to save a bunch of baby fish. Not only was the Dominos addon cluttering up the screen, the artifact bar covered the button that showed her underwater breathing level. She died once when miscalculating how much air she had left.

I am going to test running without Dominos for awhile. At her current level she doesn't have many buttons to deal with so it should be okay. For awhile
.
Meanwhile, Pulse works around the outside troubles and focuses on progression. She has reached Level 12. With two ranged attack spells and her minion coupled with heirloom gear, she can't be killed unless she gets reckless. By the way, she could only use Affliction in the starting zone. Now she can change over to Demonology but I'm holding her back until the addon mess is fixed. The same goes for the Boost. Until the addon mess is fixed Pulse will continue to level the old fashioned way.

Broken Addon
Welcome a New Additon

Heirloom Heaven


No comments:

Post a Comment