Friday, January 13, 2017

Hitting the Reset Button

Hitting the Reset Button

Well, the inevitable came to pass. My Dominos addon could not be fixed. A complete cleansing was required. I removed the Interface, WTF and Cache folders, loaded Dominos, and then did a restart. Dominos successfully loaded in it's base mode. The unresponsive commands and stuck bars and buttons were now working.

I chose Chaitee to be my test case. I chose her for two reasons: One, at only level 32 she had fewer buttons and spells and stuff to deal with; and Two, I needed her to be fully up and running so she could keep the gold flowing from the Auction House with minimal disruption. Once things looked good I used the Dominos feature, Profiles, to copy Chaitee's setup  to the rest of the 11 family members. It worked a lot better than I thought it would. Not only did buttons and bars set themselves in the right spots, the preset spells remembered where they were supposed to be as well. I haven't tested much, yet, so there may still be some gotchas to fix, but Chaitee and Pulse at least are fully functional. A quick look at the other characters looked good, too, though I will need get them some action to be sure. The end result is that for the first time I have a standard setup that I can use for all my characters. I not only fixed the problem, I improved on it.

Pulse managed to stay engaged despite all of the addon construction going on. She is now in Azshara, level 19, and close to getting her mount. She is still using Affliction spec.

No comments:

Post a Comment