Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Monday (14 Nov) - Let the Whining Begin

Monday (14 Nov) - Let the Whining Begin

Sigh, I should know better by now. On Monday night there were 11 signed up for Mf's Mon/Tues raid. We had both of our regular tanks and all three of our regular healers. The raid leader managed to get off work early enough to make it in game exactly at the 6pm invite time.

At 6:15pm everyone was still milling about in Orgrimmar. 

At 6:25pm I checked again and eight guildies were in Mount Hyjal. Mount Hyjal is where the Firelands are located. The only reason for that many guildies to be there is that invites had started and a guild portal had been used to get everyone out there. Well, not everyone.

Wild was still without an invite, and I had not heard a word from Mf. I whispered him: "Are you full or are you still inviting?" It took a couple of minutes before he responded. Mf's answer was that the raid was full, and his excuse was that he had 15 people sign up for the raid. From where I was sitting both of those statements were lies. Even if 15 people did want to come to the raid, only 11 signed up, and Wild was one of those who did sign up. Second, I can count, and he didn't have a full raid. Third, the obvious third healer taking Wild's spot was an i363 disc priest alt who joined the guild about a month ago. So much for being consistently dependable, on time and ready. Now, if the raid leader wanted priest, pally, druid healers instead of pally, druid, druid I could have understood that logic, despite Wild being the better healer than either the other druid or the priest. But he didn't say that. /Shrug.

It's pretty clear that the raid leader doesn't want Wild as a regular in his raid. I'm through with being a fill-in for him. That's the last time Mf will see Wild's name on his sign up. It's too bad, really, but it really pissed me off.

There might be a silver lining to all this. I think I mentioned that Lady Hunter recently moved her Tues/Wed raid to Wed/Thurs, but due to work has not been able to get it running. The guild leader, Bd, announced tonight that there would definitely be a Wed/Thurs raid with either Lady Hunter or Bd leading it. One way or another, Bd said there would be a second raid. I have a lot of experience with raids that include both Lady Hunter and Bd. In all cases it's Bd that lays out strategies and takes tactical control of the raid, which is very much to Wild's liking. Lady Hunter knows how to get a raid filled with good people. Wild offered his services, and Bd said that Wild would get an invite. Later in the evening the second raid for Wed/Thurs was posted and Wild signed up.

Mf's raid got as far as killing Shannox, and no further. Wild didn't miss much.

I hope that wasn't too much whining. Now I'm going to get back to my writing.

2 comments:

  1. You can always come join us in EQ2. We don't raid but we have fun. It is also going "free" to play within a month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too much of my life is invested in WoW lol. I'll whine but I'll stay... at least until the next xpac.

    ReplyDelete