Saturday, February 10, 2018

Destined to Suffer Dastardly Failures

Destined to Suffer Dastardly Failures

Tiphaine and family seem destined to suffer dastardly failures. Over and over again. The wee problem of Tiphaine not being able to login became another grueling day with the Blizzard techs. Four techs, throughout the day, tried to fix Tiphaine's "stuck" problem, ultimately leaving me with nothing but new passwords to remember. By then I could hardly remember why I bothered.

So once again Blizzard has screwed up my Warcraft game. It started with my character, Tiphaine. I had spent the past nine days getting Tiphaine to level 110. I had just earned it and had just taken the death gate portal to her class hall. She had received her helm. She had a class hall gear piece waiting to be picked up. She also had received 630 million artifact power for her weapon.

Something went wrong. Tiphaine clicked on the AP (artifact power) to store the AP for use. According to the fifth tech, the addon Dominos has a rare bug that sometimes manifests itself in Tiphaine's rare circumstances. I've no idea if the tech was feeding me bull or not, but I was ready to believe anything if it would just get fixed.

The tech at least let me know up front that I would have to re-install all my addons. He did the usual cache, interface, and WTF deletes, along with some other things we tried. I guess it's fixed. All my characters can log in now. I'm stripped down to bare bones - ie, no addons. Sigh.

I will check with the Dominos addon to see if the author wants to comment on the suppossed bug. I will be rethinking addon use. Too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment