Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Professional Disaster

Professional Disaster

Leveling professions are one of my favorite challenges. Draenor proved to be too easy, and I had hopes that with some adjustments profession leveling would be more fun in Legion.

Umm, no. Legion Professions are more complicated and maddening than ever. I admit I didn't fully understand Legion profession leveling, and I kept trying different things and reading up on things and it was still a mess. Legion profession leveling has gone way off the deep end of the scale.

Many Legion professions require doing dungeons (some require mythic level) and running PVP battlegrounds. Recipe gathering is largely random in Legion, and the drop rates are so terrible a lot of players have simply given up. Professions also added two extra ranks for each recipe, further complicating the process. "Yea! I got a rank 2 recipe. Oh, crap, I don't have the rank 1 recipe, and so it sits unused waiting on the RNG to one day give it to me.

I've been reading through the professions forums and NO ONE likes what has been done to professions. There are some who say that herbalism is the only profession of any worth. Java only yesterday farmed her first two herbs. She's at 701/800 and doesn't have a single recipe. Same for her Mining. I'm hoping the simplicity of just picking things up (plants and rocks) that she'll be okay, but I don't know . . . 

Professions may kill Rakta, who has two very difficult professions - Alchemy and Jewelcrafting. She hasn't done anything yet. I haven't decided whether to even start down that road.

Sista and Keya are stuck behind the dungeon wall, but as level 110s they may get some chances when special quests turn up.

I'm really bummed that Legion professions is broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment