Friday, February 5, 2016

Breaking the Code For Professional Recipes

Breaking the Code For Professional Recipes

After weeks of frustration trying to understand how to get the high end recipes that are being held hostage by never appearing Traders, I posted the below in the WoW Forum to find an answer.

"I need some help understanding how to get the higher end recipes for leatherworking, blacksmithing, and inscription. As I understand it, there are Traders that have these recipes, appearing randomly at random garrisons. I also know that I can access these traders in garrisons other than mine. I check Wowhead every day to see if one of these three Traders are active. None have appeared in the last several weeks. Is this really only way to gain these recipes? It's conceivable that Legion could launch before I can get these recipes!"

Several players posted, but there was nothing that I didn't already know and I still remained mystified despite the earnest help of the posters. I won't go through the back and forth, but I finally understood what I had been missing. Every day I checked Wowhead to see if one of those Traders had appeared in a garrison - any garrison that posted a custom group offering the trader's goods would do - but I never saw any of those traders.

The answer, when it comes, is always simple. I was looking for a Trader's name. Wowhead doesn't generally post the name, Wowhead posts the item that is open for trading - like ore, dust, fur, leather, and herb. That was all I really needed to know.

Now, for the "It Can Only Happen to Wild" Show. Today's item for trade is Fur. Wild followed the lengthy steps to pick a custom group at a garrison that was offering the Tailoring recipes Wild needs. There was a little confusion about where exactly the Fur Trader was in this stranger's garrison, but after fumbling around a bit he found the guy - "Calvo Klyne, the Fur Trader."

Wild was deliriously happy and purchased all of the recipes his tailoring profession should have. He thanked the garrison owner . . .  then looked closer at where he was. Wild was in his own garrison. After failing all this time to gain these recipes, the first time it actually worked is when the DAMN FUR TRADER WAS VISITING WILD'S OWN GARRISON!

All I can say is that the Leather Trader should be working tomorrow. It will Fist's turn. She needs the recipes for Spiritual Leathercraft and Mighty/Savage Burnished Essence. She needs to have 200 raw beast hides in her bags to pay for it. And it better well work.

It did. It's Friday morning and Fist had no trouble joining a custom group in another player's garrison where the Fur Trader set up his wares. The wowhead post that describes the exact process is very thorough, but in my opinion is not clear on two points. The Trader does not stand just inside the Town Hall at the top of the stairs. He stands behind the command table. Second, the Trader has a blue Daily quest over his head. In both of the two times I've done this, you have to complete the daily (which is a simple transaction of goods) before the Trader will offer his goods goods.

I now know that the Traders come every day on a schedule. The order is "ore - dust - fur - leather - herb." Yesterday was fur, today is leather, and tomorrow is herb. And so on.

So, at last I have this figured out. It took me long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment