Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Monday (3 Dec)- Pandaren Toys

Monday (3 Dec)- Pandaren Toys

Note - Oops, This should have been posted before the Auction House Post

Pandaria is crazy for toys. "Use" toys on trinkets are kind of cool, and Fist has several that she keeps around for no reason but to have fun with them. Then there are toys that are ... just toys. Here is a random sampling of toys that Fist has. She has Silversage Incense when she wants to meditate around a smelly stick of burning incense. Then there's the Golden Banana, which can be thrown at any person. It just sort of lays there, though. The coolest so far is the Hozen Idol. Target a critter and activate the idol - a yellow beam lances out to the critter for a few seconds - and then BOOM! the critter explodes. That's so much fun they had to put a 20 minute cooldown on it.

On Monday night I got back to back screen lockouts - after playing almost two hours straight - while Fist was actively battling mountain rams up in the mountains. How Fist managed not to die either time during the reboots amazed me. After the second crash I got another idea. I've wondered if there is a program running in the background that is setting it off, but I can't check on that since the game takes up the whole screen. Well, duh, why not run the game in a window instead of full screen?

When I play WoW, I want as much visual real estate as possible, so I always play in full screen mode. For trouble shooting, though, running WoW in a window allows me to have task manager running next to it so I can see what background programs are running, and I can see what activity is going on the next time the screen lockup occurs. I played for another hour with the game in windowed mode. There was no lockup. That doesn't tell me much, yet, but I am going to keep running in windowed mode.

Fist came across some additional quest hubs in Kun-Lai Summit that kept her busy Monday night. Fist has stayed away from dungeon runs because of the screen lockups. I don't like the idea of having my screen freeze in a dungeon in the middle of a boss fight, or having the other four players have to sit through a long wait for Fist to get back in game or find a replacement.

Fist did find enough to do, though, to DING! to level 89.

No comments:

Post a Comment