Friday, July 1, 2011

Wednesday (29 Jun) A Mish Mash of Stuff

Wednesday (29 Jun) A Mish Mash of Stuff

[Note - The first part of this post is a grab bag of "catch-ups" that I just haven't had time to get put into the blog until now. But I will eventually be getting to the raid on Thursday and news about the release of Patch 4.2!]

Well, I'm sorry that there have been so few posts since we returned from our trip, but there has been a new hang up. On Saturday my newer Acer computer went on the fritz. Long story short, the power supply failed and my efforts to replace it failed as well. Took it to the shop and learned that the new power supply I'd installed was fine, but the main hard drive was toast. Got that fixed, but before it came home the tech discovered that the second drive could be read (and he copied off all the files) but could not be written to. So all told I had to replace the power supply and two hard drives. I've had it back for two days (Wed/Thurs) and it's been working fine. Now Acer and I are having long, intimate conversations about what they will and will not pay for (PC is still under warranty). Their hope is that they'll wear me down with endless requests for additional information, but I'm determined to get my money back for that crappy power supply and the two drives the PS destroyed.

Before the computer debacle Wild did get into Bastion of Twilight on Thursday and Friday night (last week!) with the MM2 guild. There was also some guild drama as Wild's guild, MM, scared up a raid on Friday night also aimed at BoT, and Wild declined their invite since I was already committed to the MM2 run. I had a full report on the raid all written up, but alas I did not post it before starting surgery on the computer and it's gone. So, the summary is that we did take down the first boss, Halfus, on our 7th attempt. Wild already has a few Halfus kills with MM, but it was still nice to be back raiding again.

Wrapping up the week (the last one) Hunter Fortress has been re-evaluating the weekly schedule. After much back and forth over email, the four of us decided to move our weekly pvp assault from Tuesday to Wednesday, and back up our start time by one hour for those who want the extra time and to adjust for time zone differences. I'm sure we are all getting anxious to get in some action!

Week of 27-30 June

The big news of this current week was the release of Patch 4.2. There is a new raid called The Firelands, new and higher level gear to lust after, and huge hand fulls of new quests with very nice rewards. Wild has barely touched the surface, getting in just a couple of the starter quests. At least two friends of Wild's have completed one full quest chain already (I think there are four), and gotten a new i365 cape (Wild's cape is i359 - I'm jealous). The other big change from a raiding standpoint is that all of the other raids that Wild has been doing had their difficulty reduced, which is standard practice as I've mentioned before.

So, that brings us to Thursday night and Wild's first official raid as a member of MM2. What, didn't you get the memo? On Tuesday night Wild talked to his MM guild leader, letting him know that Wild was going to change guilds. He already suspected that I would leave, given that most of Wild's cabal (actually, ALL of Wild's cabal) had already changed guilds. The GL appreciated that Wild took the time to let him know, instead of just leaving with no word. We parted amicably, and there may be future chances for Wild to raid with MM as a fill in or, like Wild has done in the past, as a regular raider in two guilds. On Wednesday I found the MM2 guild leader, Bd, on his blood elf in the Orgrimmar bank. He saw me, waved, and then scooted up to Wild and emoted: "What a big cow you are!" in that sultry blood elf voice. "What a beautiful, sweet looking blood elf you are" Wild cooed in return (a cooing cow can be a scary thing), and then gave him that unique tauren ROAR! [Note- 4.2 changed the /roar command - every race now has a unique roar - cool!].

I let him know that was leaving MM. He put a fatherly arm around Wild (having to stand on his tippy toes to do so) and empathized that he knew what a tough decision it was for Wild to leave a guild. He continued: "So, when do you think you'll be leaving MM, and when do you think you might join MM2?" Wild replied, "I left last night, and any time you want to send me an invite." The invite was instantaneous, and Wild became a member of MM2. There were several guildies in game, with several friends calling out "Wild! Dood! Welcome!" All drama aside, Wild is happy to be in MM2. The guild reached level 20 on Thursday.

Ok, so I teased you about the Thursday raid and got you this far. This post is getting long, though, and while you've been reading this I've been working on the raid post. It'll be up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment